This is a unique dish with deep flavor that you can't find in most restaurants. Great to cook with friends and family. A great tradition in my house!
Hope you enjoy the recipe and check out one of CETV's most popular episodes.
- 6-12 Live Blue Claw Crabs
- 1 1/2 qts Marinara Sauce
- 6 Tbs Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Make sure all crabs are alive. Discard dead ones. Clean crabs by first thanking them for allowing you to eat them. Use rubber gloves to prevent them from biting you. You can place crabs in the freezer for 10 minutes for a more humane way to kill them. Remove claws, remove shells, remove gills, break in half. Rinse crabs lightly with fresh water.
- In a large skillet heat olive oil. Place crabs in skillet and brown crabs on both sides for about 5 minutes. Place all browned crabs and olive oil in a crockpot or large boiler pot. Deglaze the skillet with several ladles of your favorite marinara sauce. Place deglazed sauce in large pot and add the rest of the marinara sauce.
- Let simmer for two hours mixing every half hour.
- Pour sauce over linguine and serve. Make sure you have napkins and make sure to suck out the juices!